Thursday, April 26, 2012

Random Act of Kindness

Was listening to HitzFM this morning and they were talking about Random Act of Kindness. It always feel so nice to be able to do something good for no reason and to be able to make someone's day. I used to do all that when I wasn't so 'involved' with myself. When I was in uni, I always took the time to donate to any charities, or pay the toll charges for the car behind me or pay for someone random's lunch. It makes me feel good to be able to help someone and not hoping for anything in return.

But now, since I have been earning  my own money, I noticed that I have been a little stingy (i prefer to call it 'more careful') with my money. Once i started earning, I finally understand how super hard it is to get money and not just ask from Mommy or Daddy anymore. So I became careful with where I spent my money. I'd buy something for myself every month. Pay the car. Fuel. Etc. And at the end of the month the cycle continues.

But I'm disappointed with myself for not doing more for sedekah. I can spend money to buy shoes, but I don't always spend money for charity. And the fact that i KNOW it will give me greater satisfaction to be able to do that compared to buying shoes that will feel great for 5 seconds and poof its gone!

I MUST DO ONE ACT OF KINDNESS, EVERYDAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment