Monday, July 16, 2012

New List of Places to Visit!

I love travelling. Can never get enough of travelling. Alhamdullilah, my family and I are blessed with the opportunity to travel around the world. And I'm thankful that my parents take us travel with them too, hehe. I always have a list of places I'd love to go to. I think some of the places that made an impact in my mind mostly because of the history. I'm a huge history buff. And I read a lot of history books, listen to alot of pod casts and watch documentaries. So, I came up with the list as my check list for future travels :) 

Vatican City and Rome, Italy

Wow. I think I've had a thing for Vatican City for a bit too long now. But still haven't had the opportunity to go there yet. I think when I read 'Angels and Demons' by Dan Brown, I started to read and do my own research on Vatican City. Do you know that it's the smallest country in the world? How cute is that! Haha. And they have their own police, the Swiss Guards, who wears the funkiest outfits ever. Oh wow. Vatican City and Rome deserves a whole new blog post just to talk about all the places I'd love to go to. But just a short list now, St Peter's Square, Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, Sistine Chapel, Pantheon, Colosseum and so much more! Oh and I have great collection of mini ancient Roman and Greek statues too. 

 St Peter's Square ( Source : Here )

\
 The Creation of Adam by Michelangelo in Sistine Chapel ( Source : Here )

 The super cute outfits of the Swiss Guard! ( Source : Here )
Bavaria, Germany

There's only one reason that I'd want to visit Bavaria, which is about an hour plus away from Munich, that is to visit the Neuschwanstein Castle. Oh my god, it is the most beautiful castle I've ever seen ever. It's the inspiration behind the Disney castle, the castle they have at every Disneyland and also the Disney logo. It is so intricate and god, I have no words for the castle. It was built by King Ludwig II of Bavaria. It was built quite recently too. I mean, not that old. Gosh I don't remember the exact year but I know it's somewhere around 1800-ish. But Ludwig is pretty eccentric. He has an elevated dinner table, so if he needs the table to be cleared, it will just disappear through the floor. Amazing! I was in Munich once, but didn't have the chance to go and visit :( 

 Neuschwanstein Castle ( Source : Here )

 The Interior ( Source : Here )
Florence, Italy

Florence is a pretty new addition to my list. Quite recently, I had a thing for Renaissance Art, again. So, been doing my researches on the Medici family, the patrons of Art, as we studied in History Form 4. But what we studied in school was pathetic. There's so much more to the Medici family! There was a series of massacre that was orchestrated by the Medici here which I think is super interesting. So, I always wanted to visit the Duomo and all the Renaissance paintings there.


 The Duomo ( Source : Here )
Moscow, Russia

I just added Moscow in my list of to go places after I went to Copenhagen, Denmark. At the same time when I was in Copenhagen, a friend of mine was in Moscow and St. Petersburg. So, I was looking at her Instagram photos and I thought, well, Copenhagen is at the same latitude as Moscow, (I even surprised myself when I knew this! Must've been one of the infos hidden somewhere in my head) I'm almost there! I mean, I made it to Copenhagen, a little bit more I can reach Moscow :)


( Source : Google )

And I like reading about the Romanovs Family. If you've seen 'Anastasia' the cartoon movie, where this princess escaped the massacre that killed the whole royal family of Russia, you'd know who the Romanovs are. And the sinister witch doctor, Rasputin (Listen to Bonnie M's song, 'Rasputin') and please, he is not the lover of the Tsarina.

The Romanovs family ( Source : Here )

Oh, interesting fact, to me at least, there are a number of ladies pretended to be Anastasia, the youngest princess of the Romanovs family, but years and years after that, they did a DNA testing to confirm the death of Anastasia by using the DNA of Prince Phillip, Duke of Edinburgh as in the husband of Queen Elizabeth II. Cool rightttt? Hehehe. 

New Zealand

This is one of the countries that both me and Asyraf always wanted to go. We've been planning to go to NZ for so long. Both of us loves greenery and open spaces, with all the mountains and beautiful lakes. Plus, I can visit the set for Lord of the Rings filming that was filmed there. Trust me, I'm obsessed over LOTR. So if I ever get the chance to come to NZ, I'm the happiest girl ever :)

Hobbiton! ( Source : Here )

 ( Source : Here )

I'm so gonna do this! But I bet Asyraf won't. Haha. ( Source : Here )

( Source : Here )

No comments:

Post a Comment