Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Mom's Birthday Doa Selamat Event

Yesterday was my mom's 50th birthday. She's been planning for a little celebration with the whole family but since it's Ramadhan and my sister's gonna give birth to her son in a few days time we planned for a small break fast / doa selamat / terawih event at home on Sunday. But it turned out to be not so small (which never happens in any event my family plans)

We had a tent outside and also Nasi Arab, Mandi Chicken, Hummus, Nasi Lemak Opah from Taipan and other food that I didn't get to eat. Mom invited just family, close friends and neighbours over.
Oh, and we also invited the kids from RumahAnak Yatim Al-Munirah, Klang. We always have them at our house for events to celebrate with them too. We like having them around. Our family will go to the orphanage, visit them and sedekah anything we can just to help out. I think it's great that my mom taught us to sedekah and help out the unfortunate since we were young. Thanks Mom :') Such a humbling experience. 

Anyway, here's some of the pictures during the event taken from my mom's ipad.

Adilah Ali, me and my mommy-to-be sister

Terawih time

Aunties

Asyraf and Me

The kids from Al Munirah and my family


And, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM! 50 is the new 40, so don't fret so much ;p You're always young at heart. You've been a great inspiration to all of us, and I love you so much!  

Mom and my maid, Ibu! She's celebrating her 50th too this year 
and she's been with us for the last 18 years :) 

2 comments:

  1. Hi sara. Your mom looks so young on that beautiful picture ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ada. Thanks! My mom would be so happy to hear that :) She does look young for her age. Must ask for her tips.

    ReplyDelete