Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Me?? On camera??

Oh god. Back in May, I did this make over episode called 'Dress Me Up Fashion Valet!' for Fashion Valet by Celebrate TV. I've been a fan of FV ever since they started out. I was inspired by the co-founders, Vivy Yusof and Fadza. They are so young when they started out the business, and look how far they've come!

Anyway, back to the make over episode. I've always been a little camera-phobic. I'm so not photogenic and I take really bad pictures. And I'm really self-conscious in front of the camera...and karaoke too. Give me a mic for me to talk, and I can go on and on. But I'll never make it as an actress and you should thank me for not attempting that career path ever.
But knowing that this phobia is silly, I braced myself to go ahead with the make over episode. It's like any other fear. Scared of snakes, touch em once, and you'll get over it! (So they say)

It was a simple few minutes video which I haven't watched yet. Scared to death! Thank god, I don't really have to act that much. They were very supportive and want us to just act normal,like how we'd act everyday. Going all “Ahhhh! Pretty clothes!” is what I do all the time anyways. Hehe. Tina was there too, helping me out with my nerves and gawk at the dresses hanging in FV's office.

I did the episode with Marissa, and she's so nice. She was as nervous as I was too. Hehe. So, it was good to know that I'm not the only one freaking out. She said it was her first time too. We're like a couple of camera virgins.

I get to wear the clothes from Innai collection for Aidilfitri. I love love LOVE it! It's so delicate and soft. Exactly what I want for Raya. But I haven't bought it yet. Hehe. Still looking for the right outfit for this year's Raya celebration.
Anyway, I had the opportunity to work with great people. Inspiring people. They are just a couple of years older than me but their achievement is really something to be proud of. I'm glad I took the challenge to do this, despite my brain saying NO all the way through.

So here it is! The video. Oh god. I hope I look/sound okay. One phobia down! What's next?


Picture by Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment