Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Malam Nisfu Syaaban

Masyaallah, tonight is such a beautiful night. The full moon illuminates the dark sky. Syahdu. And tonight is Malam Nisfu Syaaban. Malam Nisfu Syaaban is the 15th night in the month of Syaaban. Muslims believe that on Malam Nisfu Syaaban, all our deeds for the past year will be calculated and a brand new sheet is given to us by malaikat to calculate our deeds for the next year. A fresh start for all of us Muslims :)

And coincidentally, today is also my 1st year anniversary of working in the industry. I figured that my one year mark is a great time to reflect back on my progress and where I see myself in another year. So, I made a list. A list of all the things that need to be done by the time 2012 ends. Some items are do-able. Some are a little hard for me. 



The List

I hope for a better year for me. I mean, my year was fine. But not great yet. I need more improvement in my work, my financial and savings and also my life in general. I'm getting more comfortable with where I am now which is just NOT good. I am beyond grateful with the blessings I have. Alhamdullilah. But we must push ourselves to discover what are our limits and our potentials :) So, here's to a new beginning. And let's hope all the list will be fulfilled by December.

No comments:

Post a Comment