Thursday, July 19, 2012

Très Chic!

From time to time I'd check out The Sartorialist for Scott Schuman's photographs, I love his photos. He won't simply take photos of pretty/handsome well dressed people. He pays attention to the more subtle details of the style, for example how the cuffs are at the end of the suit sleeves. And I think it's more interesting how he notices all this fine details.

I have a style crush on his partner, Garance Dore. She's a photographer/blogger too. I think she's gorgeous. Not the pretty model-ish type of beautiful. I love her style. She's so effortless in the way she styles herself. She just wears her partner's shirt and looks wow! Apparently, it's very 'french' of her to wear clothes like that. To simply mix and match, couture and high street and vintage. 

I think to develop ones personal style, we should not try so hard to look stylish. There's no point in buying expensive clothes or tight shirts with your boobs hanging out saying hello to everyone. For me, as long as I feel comfortable wearing the clothes and not let the clothes wear me, I'm okay with it. I love dressing up, but if I'm wearing anything too low and I'd be pulling my shirt up all night, I'm putting it at the back of my closet. Maybe that's why I like Garance's style. She looks so confident and so comfortable. And she has the cutest french accent :) 

 My favourite photo of her. She looks cute here 

 This too. She's wearing a kid's jumper over her partner's shorts. Hehe. 
( Source : Here )

Garance Dore and Scott Schuman. Fashion Power Couple.
( Source : Here )

No comments:

Post a Comment