Monday, July 9, 2012

Truth is ..

Life. No doubt that life has its ups and downs. I bet that every one of us have tasted the bitterness of life in whatever way life kicks you in the ass. However, how we deal with the problems make all the difference. In dealing with the problems, sometimes a good wake up call and clarity is what we need. So, I made up a list. The list consist of the things that I learned, accepted and dealt with, in order to have a more peaceful and happier life.

Nothing is permanent.

The thing we always forget about life is that it is NOT permanent. Everyone will have to face death. It is a destination that no one can escape. Like cathching a plane to a destination. Once you broad that plane, no other way but to arrive at the destination where you are suppose to land at. As Muslims, we believe that we are not just human on a spiritual journey, but we are merely spirits on a human journey. And eventually that human journey will end. And it's okay. Yes, it's heart breaking. But it will happen.  Accepting death is a way for you to acknowledge there is a greater power that somehow looks after you. The only story is how you die. And that is a whole other story.

I love you, you don't love me

In life, some people might not like you. And you might not like everyone in the world. And that's totally normal. Back then, I had a really hard time trying to accept this. I'd try hard to fix things up if one of my friends has an issue with me. But after trying for too long, I think that you can't force everyone or anyone to love you and like you. You just have to let time takes its course and let things go. If it's written in the stars that you guys are meant to be friends / partners / lovers, it will happen.

Fail, Fail and Fail

When I was in uni, we have this subject, Design, which is the most important subject that takes so much time, energy, sweat and tears for any architecture student. Every semester we'll see so many students failing this subject. I have seen some friends giving up and took up another course after they failed design. But some still soldier on even after they failed. I think that people should not be afraid of failure. Learn from your failures and move on to your next challenge. You failed once, learn from it and do better the next time. If you're not failing, you're not growing. We heard stories about how WD40 and the light bulb were invented. If they had given up after their first try, we'd never have all the inventions that makes our lives easier. 

Damn, that girl has everything!

Ahh...Envy. You're lying if you never felt this before. A girl you know with the perfect handbag, with her perfect hair, perfect skin, perfect perfect perfect life. You'd watch her from far wishing that you can have her life. But that's normal. Because in life other people with have better rezeki than you. And they will always have more than what you have. But that should not stop you from being grateful with what you have. You can't possibly get EVERYTHING you want right away. Work for it. Insyaallah, things will go your way. And if you still feel envious towards the perfect girl's shoes, think about how blessed you are to be able to buy shoes for your feet, when some people don't even have feet.

Some friends may not be BFF always

Friends. Wow. I can't imagine not having any. I don't have a lot. I can count them with my fingers. Including my toes lah. I figured that collecting a lot of friends or having 10000 friends on your Facebook list, means nothing if your friends bitch about you behind your back. Or spread rumours about you. Or tell other people that you talk in your sleep. So, it's okay if you have very few friends. I keep my friends close, the ones who stick by me during my darkest days. A friend stayed with me for almost two weeks in HUKM when my dad suffered a really horrible stroke attack. A couple of friends stayed up late at night to help me with my design during my final year just to make sure I'll graduate with them. Friends come and go. But real great friends stay with you forever.

Nobody can change your life except for yourself

Well, duh.

3 comments:

  1. You're truly positive Sara. I adore your sincerity. Good one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nad,

    I'm still quite new with this blogging thing, didn't see your comment hari tu. Thank you so much, means a lot to me. Would love to read your blog too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome Sara. Dah lama i baca ur blog. So interesting. :)


    Ni my blog nadhiraismil.blogspot.com. :)

    ReplyDelete